The general objective of the Federation is to promote the advancement of nutrition science and the interest of professional nutritionists in Africa in a way, which does not detract the autonomy of any of the member societies.
Specific activities of the Federation are:
1. To encourage and promote closer contact and interaction between nutritional societies within the African continent
2. To encourage and support the holding of conferences and workshops that will allow nutritionists to exchange experiences with their peers and with colleagues from within Africa and from other continents.
3. To encourage and support training programmes and educational courses that will improve the quality of nutrition research, teaching and service delivery, in Africa.
4. Such other activities as are commensurate with promoting nutrition among scientists in Africa and with explaining the role of African nutritionists to the society in general.
5. To re-conceptualise the role of nutrition profession in Africa in the changing global economy.
6. To encourage communication and collaboration among nutrition scientists in Africa.
7. To encourage and promote dissemination of information in nutrition sciences through modern information technology (ICT)