The general objective of the Federation is to promote the advancement of nutrition science and the interest of professional nutritionists in Africa in a way, which does not detract the autonomy of any of the member societies.
Specific activities of the Federation are:
- To encourage and promote closer contact and interaction between nutritional societies within the African continent
- To encourage and support the holding of conferences and workshops that will allow nutritionists to exchange experiences with their peers and with colleagues from within Africa and from other continents.
- To encourage and support training programmes and educational courses that will improve the quality of nutrition research, teaching and service delivery, in Africa.
- Such other activities as are commensurate with promoting nutrition among scientists in Africa and with explaining the role of African nutritionists to the society in general.
- To re-conceptualise the role of nutrition profession in Africa in the changing global economy.
- To encourage communication and collaboration among nutrition scientists in Africa.
- To encourage and promote dissemination of information in nutrition sciences through modern information technology (ICT)